Bringing a powerhouse of luxury and performance, the 2017 Porsche Cayenne is a midsize SUV that offers the space and the style to be the perfect family vehicle. The vehicle is specifically designed to be for the families that like vehicles to have dynamic performance with utmost comfort. The 2017 Porsche Cayenne brings the performance of a sports car in the body of an SUV.
The Porsche Cayenne always had a loyal following in the UAE and for good reason. Thanks to its superior luxuries, utmost comfort and amazing performance, the Cayenne left a grand impression on the SUV enthusiasts of the UAE. The all-new Porsche Cayenne is coming with capable handling, strong acceleration and multiple powertrain options that bring the owner multiple customization and personalization options.
Here is a review of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne with an in-depth look at its design, performance, safety features, luxuries and a lot more.
Design of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne has a very classic Porsche style with touches of modernity. The exterior of the SUV is very stylish and muscular and the interior is luxurious and comfortable with all the latest technologies by the brand.
Retaining the signature Cayenne SUV looks, the 2017 Porsche Cayenne brings plenty of new design elements from the 911 sports car to make the vehicle look modern and sporty. The silhouette of the vehicle blends some of the characteristic curves and details from the 911 sports car into the SUV.
Although these are among the sportiest design elements, the designers at Porsche have been able to maintain the charming and sleek look of the SUV. The majority of the changes have been brought to the rear and the front of the vehicle. The lines at the front and the rear of the vehicle are now sharper while maintaining the sophistication and elegance of the brand.
The sides of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne have sleek contours, precise lines and stylish wheels that add to the sporty appeal of the vehicle. The stance of the all-new Cayenne is athletic and muscular, thanks to the more pronounced fenders that are now rounder as well.
The hood is longer than the rest of the midsize SUVs in the market and stands the 2017 Porsche Cayenne out from the rest of the vehicles. At the front of the 2017 Cayenne are Bi-Xenon headlights with four-LED design and Daytime Running Lights for better visibility even in daytime.
At the rear of the vehicle, we still have the LED taillights in the same design. The subtle hatch spoiler and the integrated tailpipes ensure that the vehicle stands out even from the rear. Of course, being a Porsche, the personalization and customization options are still among the highlighting features of the vehicle.
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne is available in 2 special, 2 standard and 7 metallic colors, whereas the 18-inch Cayenne wheels are now available in 17 different wheel styles and color options.
Also read: Porsche Builds its Fastest Crossover Macan
The cabin of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne is designed around the driver so that he or she can be at the helm of the vehicle at all times. Everything is placed within easy reach of the driver so that everything is accessible to the driver.
Cabin has a coupe-like cockpit with a rising center console that reduces the distance between the steering and all the vital vehicle controls. The multifunctional sports steering wheel comes with shift paddles so that the driver has easy access to them.
There is a high-resolution 4.8-inch color display in the instrument cluster while there is another analogue display in front of the driver to show vital information such as the fuel tank levels, coolant temperature, oil pressure and oil temperature to the driver.
The front of the cabin has 8-way electrically adjustable seats with 2-way headrest positions, however, there are also options for and 18-way adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package and 14-way power seats with comfort memory package.
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne has plenty of in-cabin storage in the form of door compartments, bottle holders, front backrest storage pockets, center console compartment, drawer beneath the front seats and a glove compartment that is cooled by the climate control system.
The rear of the vehicle has split folding bench seat that can be folded down to enhance the cargo capacity of the vehicle. The cabin is trimmed with silver color strips and high-gloss black color and for a more luxurious appeal, the roof is covered with fabric roofliner.
For the in-cabin entertainment, the 2017 Porsche Cayenne offers an option between BOSE Surround Sound-System with 14 loudspeakers and Burmester High-End Surround Sound System with 16 loudspeakers. Other than that, the options also include Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment Plus that includes two 10.1-inch TFT touchscreens, two USB slots, DVD drive, one SD car slot, HDMI interface and 32 GB of internal memory for the rear passengers.
Performance of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne
The all-new Porsche Cayenne is a high-performance SUV that is already available in the UAE along with its multiple powertrain options. The 2017 Porsche Cayenne comes with S, GTS, S Hybrid, Diesel, S Diesel, Turbo S and Turbo models along with the base Cayenne model. Here is a breakdown of all trim levels:
- The base model of the Cayenne is fitted with a 6-litre V6 engine that can generate 300 horsepower and 400Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in just 7.7 seconds and has a top speed of 230 Km/h.
- The Cayenne S is powered by a 6-litre TC V6 engine that generates 420 horsepower and 550Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 5.5 seconds and has a top speed of 259 Km/h.
- The Cayenne GTS is fitted with a 6-litre TC V6 that produces 440 horsepower and 590Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h 5.1 seconds and has a top speed of 262 Km/h.
- The Cayenne S Hybrid has a 0-litre SH V6 engine that generates 416 horsepower and 600Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 5.9 seconds and offers a top speed of 243 Km/h.
- The Cayenne Diesel is powered by a 0-litre TD V6 engine that offers 245 horsepower and 550Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 7.6 seconds and offers a top speed of 218 Km/h.
- The Cayenne S Diesel features a 2-litre TB V8 offers 385 horsepower and 850Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 5.4 seconds and has a top speed of 279 Km/h.
- The Cayenne Turbo has a 8-litre TC V8 engine that offers 520 horsepower and 750Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 4.5 seconds and has a top speed of 279 Km/h.
- The Cayenne Turbo S is powered by a 8-litre TC V8 engine that generates 570 horsepower and 800Nm of torque. It can go from 0 to 100 Km/h in just 4.1 seconds and has a top speed of 284 Km/h.
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne is an all-wheel drive SUV that offers 8-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission with all engine options.
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne is fitted with multiple safety features and assistance systems that allow the driver to be safe and more confident while driving this SUV. Some of the highlighting features include:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Assist
- Surround View
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Porsche Active Safe
- Porsche Traction Management
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake
- Electric Parking Brake
- Porsche Stability Management
- Porsche Dynamic Light System
Price of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne in the UAE
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne is already available in the UAE with its 8 trim levels. The price of the 2017 Cayenne starts at AED 273,000 and can go as high as AED 800,000 with its trim levels and optional features.
If you are planning to get a new car in near future then do not forget to sell your old car. For a hassle free selling process try SellYourCar24.com’s free valuation services.